MacDuff's Soap Company Aftershave- Wild Rose Country
Notes: Rose Blend, Sandalwood, Oud, Cognac, Black Pepper, Atlas Cedar, Patchouli, Hay Absolute, Palmarosa, Labdanum, Benzoin
"Blessed is the person too busy to worry in the day time and too tired to worry at night." - Prairie Proverb
Wild Rose Country is inspired by wild rose, the official flower of Alberta and is one of Sean's original scents that started off as a simple four essential oil blend. This iteration of Wild Rose Country is an approach to perfumery he has yet to try-- a duplicate of a pre existing fragrance usually from the perfumery world, more commonly known as a “dupe.” As Sean is not one to disappoint those who have come to appreciate his style of scent blending, he has combined two dupes with a good portion of his own approach, for something unique to Macduff's Soap Company.
Wild Rose Country combines a dupe of Rose 31 by Le Labo (30 percent of the scent blend) and Killian's Angel Share (20 percent of the scent blend). The remaining 50 percent is a creation of his own that combines his own natural "fake" rose blend (ho wood, rose geranium, Egyptian geranium and rosewood), a touch of atlas cedar, hay absolute and palmarosa (a holdover to prior versions of WRC) that lend a slight "grassy" touch, and a base of benzoin, vanilla, sandalwood, labdanum and oud. The resulting scent is a sweet and spicy rose that has a rich, warm and woodsy base.
About Their Splash
- Alcohol free witch hazel and aloe vera based splash
- Organic Jojoba oil and glycerine help the skin retain moisture (emollient).
- Uses Olivem, which is a water-soluble fat with sebum recovering activities (sebum is the oily, waxy substance produced by your body’s sebaceous glands). Olivem has strong emolliency and lubricant properties that offers a distinctive skin smoothness and long-term moisturizing effects.
- DL-Panthenol, or Vitamin B5 is used to rehydrate dry, damaged skin
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* and silk peptides enhance the moisturizing properties of their splash and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Allantoin is widely used in cosmetic, dermatological and pharmaceutical formulations for its soothing and anti-irritating properties. Allantoin stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation even at low concentrations.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract and Vitamin E are antioxidants that extend the life of our splash, but also have beneficial moisturizing properties.
- White Willow Bark is an astringent.
- All of their fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- As this is a water based product, they must use preservative to keep their aftershave splash free from bacteria and mould.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (Ecocert Emulsifier), Organic Jojoba, Preservative (Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), White Willow Bark, Sodium Lactate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Silk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Vitamin B5 (DL-Panthenol), Paraben + Phthalate Free Fragrance Oil, Essential Oils
Made in Canada