MacDuff's Soap Company Aftershave- Summer Cabin (Seasonal)
Notes: Persian Lime, Tahitian Lime, Calabrian Bergamot, Lemongrass Sicilian Lemon, Litsea, Nutmeg, Ginger, Turmeric, Coriander, Rose Geranium, Himalayan Cedarwood, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Benzoin, Jasmine
"If only it could be like this always--always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe" - Evelyn Waugh
Summer Cabin makes a bold entrance with a bright and tangy lime forward citrus opening with notes of bergamot, lemon and litsea. Turmeric, ginger and coriander blend right in, giving the citrus some lift and complexity.
The citrus intensity doesn’t last long, revealing a much warmer lemongrass theme with nuances of rose geranium and nutmeg. These notes then begin to mingle with a creamy jasmine and sandalwood base, supported by spicy Himalayan cedar wood, earthy vetiver and vanilla-esque benzoin.
The scent is both in your face and yet soft and warm. Because it’s made entirely of natural essential oils, absolutes and resins, it never becomes overpowering and remains light.
They also scented Summer Cabin ten percent stronger than their other splashes to hopefully compensate for the lack of fragrance oils, which have much stronger projection and staying power than naturals.
About Their Splash
- Alcohol free witch hazel and aloe vera based splash
- Organic Jojoba oil and glycerine help the skin retain moisture (emollient).
- Uses Olivem, which is a water-soluble fat with sebum recovering activities (sebum is the oily, waxy substance produced by your body’s sebaceous glands). Olivem has strong emolliency and lubricant properties that offers a distinctive skin smoothness and long-term moisturizing effects.
- DL-Panthenol, or Vitamin B5 is used to rehydrate dry, damaged skin
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* and silk peptides enhance the moisturizing properties of their splash and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Allantoin is widely used in cosmetic, dermatological and pharmaceutical formulations for its soothing and anti-irritating properties. Allantoin stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation even at low concentrations.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract and Vitamin E are antioxidants that extend the life of their splash, but also have beneficial moisturizing properties.
- White Willow Bark is an astringent.
- All of their fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- As this is a water based product, they must use preservative to keep their aftershave splash free from bacteria and mould.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (Ecocert Emulsifier), Organic Jojoba, Preservative (Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), White Willow Bark, Sodium Lactate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Silk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Vitamin B5 (DL-Panthenol), Paraben + Phthalate Free Fragrance Oil, Essential Oils
Made in Canada