MacDuff's Soap Company Aftershave- Prairie Sky
Alberta is known for its remarkable abundance of sunshine hours. With vast stretches of prairies and clear skies, the province enjoys an impressive amount of sunlight year-round. Alberta's landscapes are bathed in sunlight illuminating the natural beauty of the province, but also fosters a thriving agricultural industry and offers endless opportunities for outdoor adventure. "Prairie Sky" captures the essence of the bright, clear skies of Alberta, serving as a foil to our earlier release “Dark Sky Preserve”.
Prairie Sky opens with the juicy and sweet notes of lychee and peach then unfolds with the refreshing aroma of red tea, offering a lively and invigorating element. As the scent unfolds, luscious black cherry and ripe plum notes emerge, mirroring the abundant fruit harvest that thrives under Alberta's open skies. A touch of succulent peach and tropical hints of coconut and mango add a delicate sweetness.
Soft hints of floral dance in the background providing a subtle elegance, while tonka bean, musk and patchouli lend a smooth and rich undertone.
"Prairie Sky" is a fragrance that embodies the spirit of Alberta's sunny charm, capturing the essence of endless sunshine hours and the natural wonders found within its breathtaking landscapes.
Prairie Sky is a reworking of “Lychee is a Stone Fruit”, which was an attempt to combine all the stone fruits into one scent. This version sees the addition of coconut (which is actually a stone fruit as well), tonka bean and florals, and is less sweet.
About Their Splash
- Alcohol free witch hazel and aloe vera based splash
- Organic Jojoba oil and glycerine help the skin retain moisture (emollient).
- Uses Olivem, which is a water-soluble fat with sebum recovering activities (sebum is the oily, waxy substance produced by your body’s sebaceous glands). Olivem has strong emolliency and lubricant properties that offers a distinctive skin smoothness and long-term moisturizing effects.
- DL-Panthenol, or Vitamin B5 is used to rehydrate dry, damaged skin
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* and silk peptides enhance the moisturizing properties of their splash and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Allantoin is widely used in cosmetic, dermatological and pharmaceutical formulations for its soothing and anti-irritating properties. Allantoin stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation even at low concentrations.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract and Vitamin E are antioxidants that extend the life of their splash, but also have beneficial moisturizing properties.
- White Willow Bark is an astringent.
- All of their fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- As this is a water based product, they must use preservative to keep their aftershave splash free from bacteria and mould.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (Ecocert Emulsifier), Organic Jojoba, Preservative (Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), White Willow Bark, Sodium Lactate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Silk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Vitamin B5 (DL-Panthenol), Paraben + Phthalate Free Fragrance Oil, Essential Oils
Made in Canada