MacDuff's Soap Company Aftershave- Coast to Coast
Notes: Ginger Ale, Maple Syrup, Canadian Rye Whisky, Spice, Herbs, Citrus, Amber
This year’s version of their Canada Day release (July 1st) revolves around Ginger Ale and the most Canadian things you can mix in there: maple and rye whisky. Ginger ale, ginger and ginger lily make up about half of the total scent blend. The ginger is tamed by the rye which lends buttery oak, whisky and a mild spice to the blend, all sweetened with just the right amount of maple syrup that sits perfectly in the background.
Sean added in light amounts of fir needle, labdanum, rose geranium, peppermint, anise and lemongrass. These notes might be difficult to pick out individually, but they add to the overall depth and make for a more interesting dry down especially on the splash.
About Their Splash
- Alcohol free witch hazel and aloe vera based splash
- Organic Jojoba oil and glycerine help the skin retain moisture (emollient).
- Uses Olivem, which is a water-soluble fat with sebum recovering activities (sebum is the oily, waxy substance produced by your body’s sebaceous glands). Olivem has strong emolliency and lubricant properties that offers a distinctive skin smoothness and long-term moisturizing effects.
- DL-Panthenol, or Vitamin B5 is used to rehydrate dry, damaged skin
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* and silk peptides enhance the moisturizing properties of their splash and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Allantoin is widely used in cosmetic, dermatological and pharmaceutical formulations for its soothing and anti-irritating properties. Allantoin stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation even at low concentrations.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract and Vitamin E are antioxidants that extend the life of their splash, but also have beneficial moisturizing properties.
- White Willow Bark is an astringent.
- All of their fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- As this is a water based product, they must use preservative to keep their aftershave splash free from bacteria and mould.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (Ecocert Emulsifier), Organic Jojoba, Preservative (Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), White Willow Bark, Sodium Lactate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Silk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Vitamin B5 (DL-Panthenol), Paraben + Phthalate Free Fragrance Oil, Essential Oils
Made in Canada