MacDuff's Soap Company Aftershave- Cardomom Chai
Notes: Cardamom, Rice Milk, Cedarwood, Coriander, Lemon, Sweet Fennel, Patchouli, Clove Cinnamon, Black Pepper
Cardamom Chai is a cardamom heavy tribute to Chai Tea that was originally introduced in V3. Cardamom, with it's sweet eucalyptus and citrusesque aroma, blends well with other spices, including clove, cassia and subtle black licorice notes thanks to sweet fennel. To accentuate the citrus aspect of cardamom, there's sicilian lemon, sweet orange, and coriander essential oils. This version of Cardamom Chai also introduces a milk note that, along with cedarwood and patchouli, provides a base to support the more delicate essential oils in the blend.
This version is no longer an essential oil only scent. I've also severely curtailed the presence of clove and cassia; while this makes the scent less authentically "chai," it also ensures that it will be safe to use for most skin types.
About Their Splash
- Alcohol free witch hazel and aloe vera based splash
- Organic Jojoba oil and glycerine help the skin retain moisture (emollient).
- Uses Olivem, which is a water-soluble fat with sebum recovering activities (sebum is the oily, waxy substance produced by your body’s sebaceous glands). Olivem has strong emolliency and lubricant properties that offers a distinctive skin smoothness and long-term moisturizing effects.
- DL-Panthenol, or Vitamin B5 is used to rehydrate dry, damaged skin
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* and silk peptides enhance the moisturizing properties of their splash and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Allantoin is widely used in cosmetic, dermatological and pharmaceutical formulations for its soothing and anti-irritating properties. Allantoin stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation even at low concentrations.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract and Vitamin E are antioxidants that extend the life of their splash, but also have beneficial moisturizing properties.
- White Willow Bark is an astringent.
- All of their fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- As this is a water based product, they must use preservative to keep their aftershave splash free from bacteria and mould.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (Ecocert Emulsifier), Organic Jojoba, Preservative (Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), White Willow Bark, Sodium Lactate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Silk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Vitamin B5 (DL-Panthenol), Paraben + Phthalate Free Fragrance Oil, Essential Oils
Made in Canada