MacDuff's Soap Company Aftershave- Autumn Cabin
Notes: Toasted Maple, Fir Needle, Balsam Fir, Juniper, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Pear, Lemon, Cardamom
"There is a harmony in autumn, a lustre in its sky" - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Autumn Cabin kicked off the cabin series and remains MSC’s most popular scent. This fragrance is a homage to the rustic simplicity of a woodland cabin, blending the cozy comforts of fall with the tranquility of the great outdoors.
The heart of Autumn Cabin contains the earthy and sweet warmth of toasted maple which includes my own natural maple accord made with essential oils*. The maple remains subdued and never overpowers the blend, revealing the invigorating evergreens of fir needle, balsam fir, and juniper. In the background, subtle notes of pear and lemon add a delicate nuance, adding complexity to the maple's sweetness and also gives the dense maple some lightness.
Cedarwood and vanilla ground the composition, infusing it with a rich, woody depth.
*There is no such thing as maple essential oil, so the accord represents my sincere effort to capture an authentic aroma, adding a touch of natural realism to the blend. It contains various cedars including the spicy and rich “atlas cedarwood,“ citrus, cade, cardamom and evergreens. This maple accord is also available for individual purchase, offering you the opportunity to infuse your surroundings with the essence of autumn.
About Their Splash
- Alcohol free witch hazel and aloe vera based splash
- Organic Jojoba oil and glycerine help the skin retain moisture (emollient).
- Uses Olivem, which is a water-soluble fat with sebum recovering activities (sebum is the oily, waxy substance produced by your body’s sebaceous glands). Olivem has strong emolliency and lubricant properties that offers a distinctive skin smoothness and long-term moisturizing effects.
- DL-Panthenol, or Vitamin B5 is used to rehydrate dry, damaged skin
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* and silk peptides enhance the moisturizing properties of their splash and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Allantoin is widely used in cosmetic, dermatological and pharmaceutical formulations for its soothing and anti-irritating properties. Allantoin stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation even at low concentrations.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract and Vitamin E are antioxidants that extend the life of their splash, but also have beneficial moisturizing properties.
- White Willow Bark is an astringent.
- All of their fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- As this is a water based product, they must use preservative to keep their aftershave splash free from bacteria and mould.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (Ecocert Emulsifier), Organic Jojoba, Preservative (Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), White Willow Bark, Sodium Lactate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Silk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Vitamin B5 (DL-Panthenol), Paraben + Phthalate Free Fragrance Oil, Essential Oils
Made in Canada