MacDuff's Soap Company Aftershave- Crowsnest Pass
Notes: Spice, Citrus, Bay Leaf, Vanilla, Tobacco, Leather, Musk, Cedar, Tree Moss Blend
"Trained to live beneath the soil, In dark and damp they have to toil." - From the Coal Miner's Prayer
The Crowsnest Pass is a collection of Rocky Mountain towns located in the south eastern region of Alberta, all owing their existence to coal mining. Aside from the natural beauty of “the Pass” has a storied history including tragic mining accidents, Frank’s Slide (where the tip of Turtle Mountain broke loose the town of Frank was decimated) and even was a hotbed of illicit alcohol smuggling.
Crowsnest Pass has a strong and sweet citrus opening of Sicilian lemon and Calabrian bergamot that’s given some interest with just enough bay leaf spice. This sweetness is tempered with a good dose of tobacco that’s blended with hints leather, musk and Virginian cedar. Like our “Old Strathcona” scent, the scent is supported by a magnificent blend of oak, cedar and pine moss absolutes.
About Their Splash
- Alcohol free witch hazel and aloe vera based splash
- Organic Jojoba oil and glycerine help the skin retain moisture (emollient).
- Uses Olivem, which is a water-soluble fat with sebum recovering activities (sebum is the oily, waxy substance produced by your body’s sebaceous glands). Olivem has strong emolliency and lubricant properties that offers a distinctive skin smoothness and long-term moisturizing effects.
- DL-Panthenol, or Vitamin B5 is used to rehydrate dry, damaged skin
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* and silk peptides enhance the moisturizing properties of their splash and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Allantoin is widely used in cosmetic, dermatological and pharmaceutical formulations for its soothing and anti-irritating properties. Allantoin stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation even at low concentrations.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract and Vitamin E are antioxidants that extend the life of our splash, but also have beneficial moisturizing properties.
- White Willow Bark is an astringent.
- All of their fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- As this is a water based product, they must use preservative to keep their aftershave splash free from bacteria and mould.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (Ecocert Emulsifier), Organic Jojoba, Preservative (Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), White Willow Bark, Sodium Lactate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Silk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Vitamin B5 (DL-Panthenol), Paraben + Phthalate Free Fragrance Oil, Essential Oils
Made in Canada