MacDuff's Soap Company Shave Soap-Raspberry Metheglin
Notes: Raspberry, Raw Honeycomb, Ginger, Vanilla, Rosehip, Hibiscus, Beeswax
I draw inspiration for our scents from a lot of different things—this one comes from a mead (honey wine) that I made a few months ago. I knew the combination of flavours would translate well into a niche scent for our shave soap (metheglin is a variety of mead that is made with herbs and spices).
Raspberry and raw honeycomb make up the main notes, supported by ginger and a touch of florals from hibiscus, rosehip and my recently acquired beeswax absolute, all softened by a touch of vanilla.
This, like their Summer Cabin, was made by adding in the scents a week after they made the actual base—something only possible because of the softness of the soap. Sean hopes that this will allow scents to remain more true to the original blend.
Made with their V4 base. It's a very soft base so be careful not to overload the brush-- but you are rewarded with a quick lather that takes water very well.
This soap contains paraben and phthalate free fragrance in addition to essential oils.
Proud to include beef tallow sourced from a family run farm in Alberta that is both certified grass fed and humane.
- Made with four skin nourishing butters: fair trade raw organic shea butter, kokum butter, fair trade cocoa butter and mango butter
- Green Tea extract is a rich source of antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Tremella extract is high in vitamin D, has strong water-binding capacities, easily penetrates the skin's layers, forming a protective film of moisture that transforms the look and feel of dryness and roughness.
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* is a moisturizer that enhances the moisturizing properties of our shave and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Silk, goat's milk and yogurt lend a luxurious creaminess to your shave.
- Superfatted with the organic oils of argan, jojoba, pumpkin seed, camellia seed and shea butter.
- Aloe Vera helps soothe the skin and makes for a better post shave feel.
- All of our fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
- Proud to include beef tallow sourced from a family run farm in Alberta that is both certified grass fed and humane.
Stearic Acid, Tallow, Glycerine, Castor Oil, Kokum Butter, Shea Butter*, Cocoa Butter, Camellia Seed Oil*, Mango Butter, Aloe, Goat Milk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Sodium Lactate, Argan Oil*, Jojoba Oil*, Pumpkin Seed Oil*, Tremella Seed Extract, Silk Peptides, Green Tea Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Yogurt, Parfum
MacDuff's takes great pride in providing you with unique scents in all of their products. All of their scent lines are formulated in house and they are always experimenting with new and exciting ideas.
From using special landmarks in naming their products, to making soap using fresh mountain water from Kananaskis Provincial Park, MacDuff's finds inspiration in their love of the outdoors and Alberta.
Made in Canada