MacDuff's Soap Company Aftershave- Viticulture
Notes: Grape, Texas Cedar, Vanilla Oak, Vetiver, Fig, Black Pepper, Clove, Strawberry
"Wine makes every meal an occasion, every table more elegant, every day more civilized." - Andre Simon
Sweet grape and vanilla oak balanced with darker notes of freshly cut cedarwood, earthy vetiver and hints of spice and fig. Off the puck you'll notice the sweeter elements of grape with the darker woodier elements revealed in the lather. In the splash version, the strawberry and pepper seem to be more pronounced on the dry down.
"Making our own wine and beer was our first "DIY" project that led us on a path to try out many other such projects, including soap making--and of course the eventual creation of Macduff's Soap Company. Viticulture is our tribute to that first step towards our business (and all the wine we made along the way)."
About Their Splash
- Alcohol free witch hazel and aloe vera based splash
- Organic Jojoba oil and glycerine help the skin retain moisture (emollient).
- Uses Olivem, which is a water-soluble fat with sebum recovering activities (sebum is the oily, waxy substance produced by your body’s sebaceous glands). Olivem has strong emolliency and lubricant properties that offers a distinctive skin smoothness and long-term moisturizing effects.
- DL-Panthenol, or Vitamin B5 is used to rehydrate dry, damaged skin
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein* and silk peptides enhance the moisturizing properties of their splash and imparts a velvet-like smoothness after drying.
- Allantoin is widely used in cosmetic, dermatological and pharmaceutical formulations for its soothing and anti-irritating properties. Allantoin stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation even at low concentrations.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract and Vitamin E are antioxidants that extend the life of their splash, but also have beneficial moisturizing properties.
- White Willow Bark is an astringent.
- All of their fragrance oils are paraben and phthalate free.
- As this is a water based product, they must use preservative to keep their aftershave splash free from bacteria and mould.
*The manufacturer states that the product is gluten free however because it is made from the proprietary hydrolysis of oats, there may be traces of gluten remaining. The manufacturer has tested several lots and all contained less than 20ppm gluten.
Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters (Ecocert Emulsifier), Organic Jojoba, Preservative (Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate), White Willow Bark, Sodium Lactate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Silk, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Vitamin B5 (DL-Panthenol), Paraben + Phthalate Free Fragrance Oil, Essential Oils
Made in Canada